If you have been depositing your tax withholdings at a bank and are now doing an electronic transfer instead, here are the steps to take to stop Pro Fund Accounting from automatically printing that withholding check. This process will work for other deduction checks as well.
- Go to Payroll>Payroll Constants>Deduction Types Maintenance
- Select deduction code F
- In the Pay To field you should see a code that is the code which you setup for the bank. Go ahead and clear the Pay To field
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for deduction codes M, EFM (or FM), and W
- Now go to Payroll>Employee Maintenance
- Select the 900 employee number you use for withholdings
- Click on the Employment Info tab at the bottom of the screen
- Check the Voucher Only checkbox
This will stop Pro Fund Accounting from printing the withholding check automatically. After you calculate your payroll you can run the PR EFTPS report to get the totals to report.