PFA Works Timecard uses an employee number and PIN code system for an employee’s login. How the storage of the PIN number is handled at your site, is completely up to you. A good starting point on keeping those PIN numbers secure is to have the employee’s come up to the front desk and key in the PIN code themselves. This way the PIN codes are never in plain text and are not accessible outside of Pro Fund Accounting.
To setup an employee’s PIN code for use with PFA Works Timecard, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Payroll menu and click on Employee Maintenance
- Select the employee that you want to change or add the PIN code for
- Click on the Edit button found on the right hand side of the screen
- You should see a field called Pass Code, this is where you enter the 4 digit PIN number for this employee
- Click on Save to save the changes
- You should also see the Last Set field next to the Pass Code field update after you click on Save. This field keeps track of the last time that this employee had their PIN changed
- Repeat these steps for every employee that needs a PIN number
This Pass Code is only used by PFA Works Timecard, so if you are not planning on using the PFA Works Timecard system then you do not have to enter PIN numbers for employees.